Monday, August 15, 2011

First day

Today is the first day of the 21 day challenge. I had to wear an article of clothing that I can wear I think three other times in a different way throughout the challenge. I chose my stripped t shirt, because I love it and I need to be comfortable today.
Gracie took the picture for me. After looking at this I realized it is a good thing I am doing this challenge. Hopefully by the end my outfits will be a little more...exciting? colorful? pretty? Take your pick. Today I just can't take the time because it is also Williams first day of first grade!!

I am not going to do a full post on this right now (maybe tomorrow?) but I will tell you that right before I took this picture he said, "do I look awesome?" and then "it's like I am going to Hogwarts." We were in such a rush  that I didn't have time to let that sink in, but I did tear up on the way home from dropping him off because he is such a cool kid and I hope that school doesn't change him.
Now for the reason we were rushed...

Russ called to tell me that he forgot to close the irrigation gate that we have to shut in order to get our irrigation. So I had to go and turn and turn and turn this thing. Finally I stopped dropped William off at school and then came back to finish. Then went to pick up a few school supplies to take back and drop off at William's school, only to come home and find that Gracie locked the front door when we left and I didn't have the key (I usually do lock my doors, but misplaced my key so I was not going to lock it. I now have a key, no worries). So we drove to Russ' work to get it. Even with all that it has been a good day, I am just not putting on a better outfit.

10 comments:

  1. Definitely a good choice! I love my stripped black and white tee and have remixed it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds hectic. Did you just put on your blog that you leave your house without locking the front door? You've posted your address on here, so I was sort of worried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It's like I'm going to Hogwarts"?! Someone needs to write a novel about your William.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit! I should do the 21 day challenge. William is so cute and I can't beleive he started school already....didn't he start first grade though? Not second? Oh and P.S. you guys need to get a camera for your computer so we can skype! Sam loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss M! Thanks for the concern, I changed the post to say that I usually do and will lock my door, I just lost my key today:)
    Ashley - yeah first grade. Don't ask me what I was thinking when I typed that, maybe his second year of school?? Thanks for catching it. And our computer has a camera. I have not used it yet, but it is there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, busy day and way to handle all the chaos. PS I like the striped shirt... I am totally in to stripes right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son is so cute! I picked a striped tank (similar to yours). It'll be easy to remix (it goes with everything) but I also think that it will be hard to make it look like a different outfit. I wish I had blogged when my kids were little -- it would be a way to remember all the cute things that they did and said.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost picked a striped tank top.

    My son starts first grade next week. I suspect once school starts I'll have to plan my outfits the night before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. William is way too cute - physically and personality-wise. "It's like I'm going to Hogwarts." Get out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really can't ever go wrong with stripes. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...