Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 8 mixing casual and fancy

I am not crazy about this outfit, but I like it. I think. I wish the colors were a little different but I had to work with what I have and I got to the point where I could not spend any more time in front of the closet. 
 Mixing fancy with casual really got me to think outside the box and I think it will really help me create outfits in the future. I chose a hooded shirt. You don't get much more casual than that.

And I paired it with a pleated skirt and I don't get much fancier than that. I also double belted it so I guess I could have worn it for the last layering accessories challenge. I just needed another color and a belt did the trick.
By the way, this used to be one of my frumpy shirts. Glad to know it can go the other way.
Today I met with some ladies to map out the joy school we will be starting for our preschool age kids. When I say joy school I really just mean a rotating home preschool. It should be great. I really like the ladies I am doing this with. And I know Gracie will love it cause she really wants to go to school.

5 comments:

  1. I really like this outfit. I need a hooded shirt now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a really cute outfit - i love your yellow pleated skirt. i hope your school meeting goes well!

    e&h adventure book

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look! And the colors are spectacular! Nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always a sucker for pleated skirt (I wore one for this challenge too!), and I agree, the color is great.

    14 Shades Of Grey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally one of my favorites of yours. Especially with the double belting! Bonus point for that.

    Kayla
    Freckles in April

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...