Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 10 - A closet orphan

This shirt is my closet orphan. I don't even remember the last time I wore it, but I can't get rid of it because I love it! My sweet sister in law got it for me because it reminded her of me and she was right. I rarely wear it because it has become a bit snug. Especially over the hips. 
It just goes straight down and doesn't go over jeans, it would just ride up. But now that I have learned I can tuck things in, I can wear it.

Here is an unfiltered picture of the print. I really love the tiny green flowers and the big brown buttons. 
I am so happy to have saved this closet orphan. I will definitely wear it more often. 
I also realized that when most people take pictures of their outfits they say where things came from. Let me just say right now that this is one of the only 3 shirts I own that were purchased new and not thrifted. And I think I only have one pair of pants and 2 dresses that were not thrifted, but they were bought long ago when I sometimes shopped the Banana Republic sales (they are all from there). So most everything you see is from a thrift store.
I really love doing this challenge. Already it has increased my closet options by like 50. I am thinking of things I never would have before. I am tired of taking pictures of myself. There is way too much of me going on on this blog right now. Bear with me.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could dress like you........oh and you waist looks TINY!!!!!!! probably cuz it is!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's way cute! I'm with you, totally seeing my closet in a new way after this challenge!

    sweetenedstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...