Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A time for inspiration

This last weekend was a fun one. In fact I am going to do a post about the whole weekend, but I wanted to write about Women's Conference. It was just what I needed. I am so glad I was able to go with my mom and my sister. 
Connie and I with our short, little mama.
Gracie wanted to join us and I love my moms face in this picture. Hehe.
William was watching us take these pictures and when we were done said, "now let's take a picture of all the boys." I love these boys so so so so much.

So about the conference, I loved it and needed it. I always do. I always feel immensely honored and gratified to belong to the largest women's organization in the world. And I love what this group stands for. As we all stood and sang before President Uchtdorf got up to speak and had the thought that I love singing and I miss singing in a choir. I don't really like doing solo's, my voice wasn't made for that, but I do just fine in a choir. And when it is a good choir...well I don't know how to describe in words how that makes me feel. Then my mind quickly put together the analogy that alone (like a soloist) I can't do much, but with a group of others working together (a good choir) really amazing things can happen. It felt good to acknowledge that I blend in better than I stand out. I was also be reassured (once again) that I do not have to accomplish all the things I would like to do on my own, but also that I am important cause without my voice the choir would not be the same. 
Then President Uchtdorf started talking about the small flower forget-me-not's. And again I thought of a flower garden and how one flower alone (no matter how pretty) could be as beautiful as garden filled with hundreds of flowers, even small forget-me-not's. 
The talk was beautiful. It moved me. It made me feel better about myself and made me want to be better. And after the stressful day I have had today I think I am going to listen to it again right now.
It also got me so excited for conference this weekend. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...