Friday, September 23, 2011

1st Grade Days

We had Williams first show me night of the year yesterday and we got to go to see his school room and works. The figure on the wall with the messy orange hair is his.


Williams favorite work it the strip board. He loves is. He seems to pick up on math pretty quickly.

What he really wanted to show me was his friends. He loved introducing me to the other kids in his class. I can tell friends mean a lot to him. We talked about him being a good friend others and making sure others aren't left out. I hope he learns cause this is the age when kids start being mean to each other. Please don't let that be him.

Today I was listening to this talk (What Manner of Men and Women Ought Ye to Be? by Lynn G. Robins) from last conference. It started off good and then took this amazing turn and he started talking about the best ways to discipline children and how it can be the best teaching tool. Lets just say I needed to hear that and will be referring back to it often throughout my children's lives.
Sometimes I think to myself "please don't mess these kids up, please don't mess these kids up." Hopefully with help from wise people, I won't. On that note I am so excited that conference is coming up in a couple weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Brenden and I refer to that talk so much! I live it too when it comes to discipling and raising children to be confident people. I'm so with you on everything you said! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Debbie,
    I have got to say your kids are so darn cute. Gracie is delicious:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...