Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A successful FHE


This last Monday we had a very successful Family Home Evening where we talked about our bodies. We taught the kids about how their body belongs to them and things of that nature. You know, the kind of things I wish I didn't need to teach my kids but because of the world we live in, I really do. I wanted them to understand it and for it to be fun, so I made some paper dolls of them.
I wish I had more time to spend on these so they could be cuter, but they worked fine.
I just drew their bodies first and then taped it to a window and then taped another sheet of card stock paper over than and drew the outfits to make sure they would cover their body.

Then we let the kids color while we explained a few things to them.

They seemed to really enjoy coloring each thing and when they would finish something Russ or I would cut it out for them.

William made me add a wand to his.

Then we used some scotch reusable sticky strips so they could change the outfits.


This was the first thing they did the next morning. I think it will be fun to make more outfits. 

I don't think this is the last we will see of paper dolls, but hopefully the last we will see of William mooning Gracie (cause ya know, even though it is funny, it is not very modest).

2 comments:

  1. Can you come and explain those "few things" to my kids? Thanks Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I might have to steal that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...