Thursday, May 26, 2011

A little help

William has started cleaning the bathroom. I decided to teach him the montessori way (or at least the way I think they teach things at his school). I started by giving him a lesson where he watched me do something, I told him why we do it, and then he got to try it. 
Gradually he has gotten to the point where he doe sit all on his own. I did notice there are a few things I need to remind him of, but for the most part he does a really great job and it is nice to have some help.

Gracie really wanted to help so I asked her to wash off Joseph's high chair (we use vinegar water to clean with so I don't have to worry about anything).

She did such a good job without any help. And believe me that high chair was dirty. It makes me happy to see the kids learning to work and it is nice for them to have the sense of accomplishment after a job well done.

I can't wait until they learn more.

2 comments:

  1. sat behind you in stake conference that week.
    and i just had to say LOVE your new haircut :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I'm not kidding. You and my sis-in-law Shaunalee would be best friends if she lived down here. She loves Montessori too. (This is the one who wants a milk cow ha ha).

    Thanks for the tip you left on my blog. I'll have to go get some of that. I haven't had the car for the entire week so I haven't been able to get down there so meanwhile I've been putting breast milk in the kids' nose (ha ha I know it sounds crazy, but it works!). Their temps were down today and everything is almost back to normal! Thanks for letting me know what you do! :). I'll take any tips I can get.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...