Sunday, May 8, 2011

A day for moms

Russ and William made me breakfast this morning. Gracie was still sleeping like this - 

After I ate I had to hurry off to a church meeting and while I was gone the kids made me some cards (way to go Russ for taking pictures)



I love William's smoothie beard.
Here I am with my sweeties after church. I have said it before and I will say it again, I love being their mom! They are my sunshine.

And seriously! Can you get enough of sailor Joe? Cause I can't!

Here is the beautiful flower Gracie made me at church. And I am happy to report that I totally kept my cool while they sang their songs about Mothers in church. I didn't even cry, but I did get a big fat lump in my throat.

My plans for the rest of the day?
Eating a dinner with my kids and husband (made by Russ)
And taking some quite time to myself to listen to this favorite talk: Mothers Who Know
Then I plan on reevaluating my mothering and what need to be changed/refreshed. As William gets older I want to make sure I am doing things right and have my priorities straight. Balance is the thing  I am constantly seeking. I hope to find a nice happy balance in the coming weeks. 

Happy Mothers Day to all. This day always makes me think of my wonderful mother and mother-in-law. I hope my efforts will help me become more like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...