Friday, June 17, 2011

Do you Pinterest?

I am kinda obsessed with pinterest. It is a place to keep track of all the things you like. It has made my life so much easier cause I used to look at blog and the internets and if I saw something I liked, I would copy and paste the image into a folder on my computer. But this always bugged me cause I wouldn't have a way to remember where the post came from. With pinterest I have a page that has all my boards (think bulletin board that you pin stuff to) and a button on my Internet tool bar. As I scour the Internet and I see something I like I push the button, select the picture I want to pin and the board I want to pin it to and voila, it is saved for me. And the best part it that when I click on the picture in pinterest it will take me to the original website that I pinned it from. This comes in handy with tutorials, recipes, and when you want to re-blog something and link back.

Here are my boards (click on the link and it will take you to my pinterest where you can click on the image and it will take you to it's home):










So...pretty much it is awesome. As my sister-in-law so eloquently put it, "it is the cutting out things you love from magazines of the future!" Even cooler cause you can see all the things your friends are "cutting out" and you can re-pin it to your board. It also helps that I am friends with such stylish people with such great taste!

This is the part where you come in, have you joined pinterest? And if you have are we friends on pinterest? If not lets remedy that. Leave me your email and I will invite you. And we can share all our lovely finds together. Seriously. The more the merrier. 

5 comments:

  1. I love your stuff. I just got invited to Pinterest. Now I'm afraid I'll spend even MORE time online (I feel like I already do). However, I've been saving photos just like you did and I suppose it would save me SOME time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on Pinterest too! :) I could spend hours and hours and hours..... But it is a lot better than bookmarking a billion sites. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to join. I'm not sure how to use it but I LOVE the idea!I kept hearing the word "pinterest" and I didn't know what it was. I love it though.

    lexiehogge@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie mentioned this somewhere, too. Okay, fine. I'm convinced. Going to do it right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally and hopelessly addicted to pinterest too! I just started a week ago and can't seem to stop. I'm so happy others are sharing my obsession! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...