Thursday, July 5, 2012

Washington 2012 Day 3

The next morning we woke up after not actually getting very much sleep (or at least I didn't) because Joseph woke up in the night and ended up in our bed. We never sleep good with kids in my bed. We headed off to our continental breakfast
 walking through the state park.
  It doesn't look like it from this picture but Gracie actually was being pretty sassy that morning and was not very happy. But after she got some breakfast in her she did a lot better. Joseph and I came back earlier than everyone else because he needed a diaper change (or so I thought, he was on antibiotics for most of the trip and it gave him terrible gas sometimes). 

So we sat on the porch for a while waiting for everyone else to come. Joseph sat down on a step and then patted the spot next to him so I scooted over close to him and he shifted his body back and forth settling in contently to the step with a cute little smirk on his face.
 And then my heart exploded. How can such a small thing make me so happy? As we sat there we saw three deer and soon after that Russ, Gracie, and William were back so we decided to take a walk down to the beach. 
And I mean down. Check out all the stairs. I was very sore a lot of this trip, it made me realize that I need to get in shape.
It was a beautiful down at the beach. The water was so so cold and we were all wearing sweaters because it  was nice and cool outside.   
The kids loved throwing rocks in the water, especially Joseph.
Which is exactly what William would have been doing at his age.

 They also love turning over rocks and finding little sea creatures. Joseph was a little bit nervous about holding this little sand crab but he really wanted to.
  Gracie planted a flower right there on the beach. 
 Uh oh, I guess I should have taken his shoes of.
 And nobody loves to get dirty like Gracie does.
Russ loved (and I mean LOVED) finding the sea creatures.

 After a while I was getting tired of standing on the beach and I saw the sand hill and the sand was dry and I thought maybe it was warmer so I went over to it and the sand was nice and warm. As I climbed up it a bit I realized that the flowers there smelled like heaven. They were absolutely gorgeous. 
 So I sat there in the warm sand the smell of these pretty flowers next to me and watched my family plan on the beach. It was probably one of the most relaxing moments of my life.
After a while Joseph got tired of the beach and came up to join me. He had gotten  nearly all of his pants wet and now he was covered in sand so I took him back and got him changed and dried off.

After a while he found a bag of some Ritz crackers and I guess he decided that he knew how to eat it.
 That night all the older grand kids watch the little grand kids so the adults could go out for adult dinner.
  After are yummy dinner in downtown Port Townsend we walked out on the pier laughed a lot and frozen knickers off.  I need to get my hands on the pictures Ted took so I have some of everyone else.
When we got back we found the Gracie had put herself to bed wrapped in a towel. 
 After we got back Lilleigh fell asleep on her way up the stairs

and the next morning when we changed Josephs diaper we saw it was on backwards. I'm thinking one of the nephews changed its diaper.
 It was such a fun day.

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite part of this post: "And then my heart exploded. How can such a small thing make me so happy?" Ha, ha! Yes! I can relate. That was so super sweet and adorable.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...