Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Gracie turns 5

About 3 weeks ago my little girl turned 5! Can you believe it? I can. She seems so old in so many ways and this girl is definitely ready to go to school.
She requested a polka dot party and since her favorite thing to do is to watercolor paint and her watercolors are a bunch of colorful polka dots I asked her she wanted it to also be a painter party and she was very excited about that idea. I made these fun little many invitations and then never even sent them out. It was so sad I had to call everyone and e-mail everyone to make sure people are going to show up for her party that is what happens when I'm trying to do too many things at once. 

 I kept the decorations simple by buying a clearance stack of color card stock  paper and taking it to the scrapbook store and diecutting a bunch of different size polka dots then I just taped them up all over the walls. Russ put the tape on the back for me while he watched the Olympics. I also twisted some bits of streamers that I had to look like polka dots.

The night before her birthday she said she was going to faint when she saw her decorations which made me feel a little bit overwhelmed at what she might be expecting. She didn't faint, but she was excited to see our spotted house.

She asked us if she had gotten bigger in the night since she was now five and so we decided it was a good time to pull out the measuring stick. 

Everyone got measured. 

And we realized that Joseph (at 21 months) is not even an inch shorter than Gracie was at 3 years old. Then we decided to use Gracie's birthday discount to go and get some breakfast over at Liberty Market.

William ordered at giant cinnamon roll and then was frustrated when we told him he had to share it.

Gracie ordered biscuits and gravy which made me feel guilty that I never make biscuits and gravy. She only gets them over at my moms house.

The fountains were on outside of liberty market so we let the kids run around and splash and play and have a grand old time. 


 After he took the kids home Gracie and I ran to the store to pick up a few more supplies for her party. I let her ride on the Pumba ride and some stranger came and played the claw game and won a hippo and then gave it to Gracie was a great birthday surprise.

Later that night  I found these pictures that she had taken with my phone while driving home in the car and I am glad to have these pictures of her freshly five-year-old face.



After we got home it was time to get ready for her party. But I'll save that post for another time. I can't believe this girl and that she is a part of my life. She is so fun, funny, sassy, creative, imaginative, and sweet. I love when she tells me stories or her dreams or the things she wishes she could do (she is always telling me she wishes she could fly). She is very sweet and loving to everyone except when she's not in the right mood. She can be super sassy and fierce. She knows what she wants and she doesn't like people telling her no. And I will admit it is hard to tell the sweet girl no. I love her so much and I'm so glad that the last five years she has been a part of my life.



3 comments:

  1. she is such a doll. so much personality in that little girl. and i love the polka dot wall - can't wait to see the rest of the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you still have the polka dots up and I think you should still send out the invitations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are such a wonderful mom you put me to shame. my wish always always as a little girl was to fly. my dad would give me a penny whenever we saw a fountain and my wish was always to fly. so therefore, i love gracie loo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...