Friday, August 24, 2012

4th of July 2012

When we woke up of the 4th we realized that Gracie had earned herself a date with me by doing her chores so I took her to the movies. This was our view on the way out.
And of course we went to see Brave. And I loved how we saw a preview for the Hobbit and Gracie got really loud and excited about the fact that Gollum was in that movie.
Jojo had fun playing with  her popcorn bag when we got home.
And danced to Gracie's piano playing.

Then it was time to head out to my moms for BBQ and swimming. The kids played a fun game where they had to find the gummy bear in the whipped cream.



Braynt won round one.

William won round two.

and Gracie sat there looking cute until we said go. Then she cried cause she didn't want to get her face dirty. She ended up eating whipped cream with a spoon.

Some adults played too and Russ didn't win.

Then we did some fireworks and watched some big ones in the sky while we sang the Star Spangled Banner. My kids love that song and sing it all the time. I love it.

I am so grateful for america. I really, really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...