Tuesday, October 25, 2011

1st Hair Cut

I have been saying for a long time that I needed to cut Josephs hair, especially the wings right behind his ears, they were the longest. But the more his hair curled the harder it was to do and I knew it would make him look older. Also it meant getting something done which has seemed to be harder and harder to do the last few months. But over this last weekend Russ got really motivated to get some stuff done (like painting and decorating the kids room!) and cutting this boys hair was one of those things.
Russ getting him used to the buzz of the clippers. Joseph loved it.

Hi little curlies:(

The big kids trying to get Joseph to look at them because he kept trying to look at the clippers.

It worked for awhile.

I love this picture. Russ is such a good daddy. He loves his kids (and me) so much and shows us everyday. Every. day.

I love the look on Josephs face in this picture.

I love the look on Russ' face more in this picture. That is his concentrating face:)

Joseph was so good, but was getting antsy and was having a hard time sitting still.

But before too long and before any real tears, it was over.

It is a small change, but it makes such a difference to me. He is growing up so much and I love it. I am a bit sad at times to see his baby self slipping away, but it is all to fascinating to watch him grow and learn more about him. I love the shift I feel in my heart as my love grows from loving him because he is mine to care for to loving him because he of who he is. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this: "I love the shift I feel in my heart as my love grows from loving him because he is mine to care for to loving him because he of who he is." I felt this way early on. I mean, of course I LOVED Gavin even before he was born, but that love grew more as I spent more and more time with him. Like you said, because of who he is, not just because he's part of me or because I'm "supposed" to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. It is amazing what a difference a little off the top and bottom can make. He does look so much more grown up. Still so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...