Monday, April 25, 2011

a short breath

Easter is done and it was lovely.

I used the trimmings from our front yard bushes to make things pretty and green.

We spent Friday night dying eggs as a family. We used foods to die them and it worked out pretty good.

We used yellow onion skins to make orange. Red onion skins just made a brownish color.
A lot of websites said to use tumeric for yellow, but I didn't have that so I used yellow curry powder and it worked to make a light yellow. Red cabbage makes blue, but I had to leave it in it all night to get a light blue.
I chopped up beats in the vitamix to make a pink. 

I kinda mixed between all of them and came up with some pretty colors. We will definitely be doing that again and experimenting some more.

I made these table cloths for our Young Womens New Beginnings. The theme for that was the Princess and the Pea.

I also hung some pom-poms from that in out tree.

Look at my cute Dad.

And again for their Easter baskets I used bush trimmings. As I was giggling putting the baskets together Russ said, "I love that pretty things make you happy." It is true, I like things to look pretty.

1 comment:

  1. I really love your husband's comment!
    I also tried to dye eggs naturally but didn't have all the ingredients for many colors. Tumeric worked very well for yellow. Chili pepper was supposed to make orange but didn't work at all. Maybe I should have left the eggs in it overnight. Blueberries and tumeric made pretty and natural looking green. It was fun but definitely more work than using store-bought dyes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...