This year will definitely be awesome cause this little guy is here. Getting to witness (and completely enable) the first year of another persons life is a precious gift that I don't intend to waste. A lot of milestones will be hit for this little guy in 2011 and I am excited for him.
So I had a baby and he is now old enough that I feel a little more in control of my life. I miss the tiny baby already but I have to admit that I am glad that stage has passed because even though I love the sweet tiny baby, there is so much craziness. Like no sleep, trying to figure out feeding, and hormones. Things seem to be getting back to normal and I am grateful. I had another basement sale and it was a lot of fun. we had 12 vendors there and it was fun meeting all of those great gals.
I started this post on the first Monday of the year and that week tuned out to be a crazy one (for reason beyond my control). So here I am a week later pretending it is the first week of the year. last week left me very physically and emotionally drained and tired. I hope to recover soon.
I have some New Years resolutions (that got completely ignored last week) that I hope I can master this year. Here they are:
1. Say 10 minute prayers - they don't actually have to be 10 minutes exactly, but the idea is that when I think I am done praying to stop and think of more, cause there is always more. This will also mean more meditating which is something I need.
2. Finish the Book of Mormon that I am marking for Grace. I do pretty good to read everyday and I just want to keep that up.
3. Go to the temple once a month. This shouldn't be hard for us but it is because we are lame.
4. Do yoga three times and week. At least. I know it would make my body feel so much better. Right now my back hurts me more than it should. When I stand up from sitting for a long time my lower back pops and it is hard for me to stand straight up. I feel like I am way too young to feel like this. I know doing yoga would help, now it will just be motivating myself to do it.
5. Go to a hot yoga class once this year.
6. Early to bed, early to rise. My goal is in bed by 10 up by 6 maybe even 5:30 depending on the schedule Joseph gets on.
7. Go on 1 date a month with Russ. Sometimes it feels like this is a selfish desire because I like doing it so much, but in reality it is a need for the whole family. I would really like to say once a week, but I am a realist.
8. Read the first 2 Harry Potter books with William. We are already three chapters into the first one.
9. The house. Ha! There is so much I want to get done with the house that I don't want to put any of it on this list. It needs its own list. But I do want to start posting pictures on this blog room by room for motivation to get them done and some feedback and advice. Sometimes you just need a pair of fresh eyes, cause I am kinda in a rut when it comes to decorating. I was sick when we moved in so my attitude was, "just put that there for now" and now that I have had things that way for so long it is hard for me to envision another way.
10. My most important resolution I just came up with right now and that is - Be Happy. I am happiest when I am spending non stressful time with my family. But somehow the "stuff" of life gets in my way. And for some reason I get more frustrated with my family when the "stuff" competes for my time, But I love my family more. Why does this happen? It is a mystery to me, but my goal is to reverse it. And anytime I can - just let the "stuff" go and be happy.
happy new year.