Thursday, June 5, 2008

So Many Different People

So I was making the invites that I mentioned in the last post for a friend's bridal shower and because of a hiccup they took longer than planned. But I am grateful for that because I was working on them right here by the computer and went to LDS.org and listened to all of Saturday's conference (not all at once, I still have kids:)
It has been a most excellent experience and I now vow to listen to these more often. So many truths all over the place. One, for example by Joseph Wirthlin: "The Lord did not people the earth with a vibrant orchestra of personalities only to value the piccolos of the world. Every instrument is precious and adds to the complex beauty of the symphony. All of Heavenly Father’s children are different in some degree, yet each has his own beautiful sound that adds depth and richness to the whole."
This is so true. I am always amazed at the different people I know and meet and how wonderful they all are. Once while making a craft with a non-crafty friend she asked, "How are you so crafty?" The answer is - I don't know, its just my thing. One of them, at least. But I could never write a book or fill a room with sounds of laughter like she can. I have so many friends with different attributes, desires, and passions. I am grateful for my attributes and the things that make up "me" but I will most likely never:
do a back hand spring
write a song
save animals lives
run a marathon
play the accordion
be really good at math
paint a picture (that looks good)
heal a body (unless giving Tylenol counts)
build a substantial piece if furniture
get a degree
speak more than two languages (assuming I learn two)
and much much more.
I am grateful that I have people in my life that I can watch do these great things and make themselves happy while I do my things , even if it means I can't play Mafia with Brett anymore because he can hear everyone breathing. Just kidding, if you want to fly us to Austria we will play Mafia with you.
Such a sweet symphony that surrounds me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you are so crafty, Debbie, amongst a lot of other great things. And I know what you mean about how amazing it is that everyone is so different. No 2 people will ever be exactly the same. Even twins have incredibly different personalities. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I can hear you breathing RIGHT NOW

    love,

    Brett

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...