Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy February

Back when Gracie asked me to make valentines cookies, she also asked me to decorate for valentines day. And since then I have been slowly working on it. I hate when projects are drawn out and seem to go on forever so I was really glad to finally get it done yesterday.

These are some of my mom and dads love letters from when they were young. I just went to a copy store and had them blow each up on 11x17 paper. It was less than 3 bucks and worth it cause I love them.

I have been thinking about making that sign for about three years now and finally did it. I just simplified what I had in my head and used painters tape to hold up the dominos and dice. Painters tape is so cool cause it is so strong, but doesn't ruin things. The black dominnos were my grandmothers.

Russ said I should have Alice in Wonderland up but I just put it up cause I love the picture and it has hearts on it...



I love February (and march) It is my favorite time of the year. My birthday is in 4 days! And I am going to be 28...I think. I have the hardest time remembering how old I am anything since I have had children. All I want for my birthday is to spend the day alone (something I never get) and Connie is going to make that possible for me (since Russ works Saturdays now). AND she is going to take me to see Florence and the Machine. So basically what I am saying is, SHE IS THE BEST!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the love letters between your mom and dad. SO sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have more Valentine's decorations than I have Christmas decorations.

    Eeek.

    That's probably not really surprising though.

    Happy Birthday Saturday! Enjoy that alone time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a good thing since your kids have been telling me happy Valentines day for weeks now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Love love. I totally copied the cards idea.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...