Sunday, January 20, 2008

Looking Good

So those who have seen me can say that I am not the most fashionably dressed person they ever met. Jeans and a solid shirt just about sums up my wardrobe. But, I do have a eye for fashion - or at least I would like to think so. I just don't have the time or means for it (right now, hopefully). So here I am to pass on my sisters post...to spread the good news. There is a fashion magazine out that was created for those of us who might not feel comfortable walking around in next to nothing, or seeing others dressed that way (be it in person or print). Eliza Magazine. The mastermind behind this is a woman I have actually met, in fact I slept on her floor. About three years ago we went with some friends to California and stayed and my friends cousins apt. We slept on their floor and his wife was then a model and looks like she is doing more than just that now.



Check out their statement on their my space page:

ELIZA magazine was created for women who want to be stylish, sexy, and still keep high standards in dress, entertainment, and lifestyle. In a media culture that frequently objectifies and commercializes women and their bodies, ELIZA strives to provide an alternative to the current mainstream media that emphasizes sex and skin in order to push products or sell magazines. ELIZA magazine was created for women who want high-fashion that encourages and inspires them, providing hip and current styles that enhance the whole woman. Each issue will provide exciting and informative features in Fashion, Beauty, Health,

I am all for anyone who is trying to change the image of women as sex symbols. Let's be stylish instead, shall we? And speaking of style, check out these gorgeous dresses-
I want you.I want you.
I really want you.
I want you.

These beauties come from a little place called Shabby Apple.

(visit them at http://shabbyapple.com/) And here is their purpose:

After years of not being able to find stylish dresses that covered enough skin to make you really feel comfortable (without wearing a tank top, cardigan or long slip), owners Emily and CK decided to do something about it.
They visited trade shows, marketplaces and designer studios only to discover the problem was not that department stores weren't buying the right dresses, but that designers weren't designing them.
Shabby Apple is proud to offer you fantastic dresses that allow you to look fabulous, without having to compromise anything else.

I found this funny because there is a dress hanging in my closet that I love, but have only worn twice because I have to wear an undershirt and a shrug and it is just not worth it to me. There dresses are a little pricey, but my man even said that once we have money I can buy them. Yeah. I will too because, even though I am cheap, I want to support those who are trying to change the way we look at fashion and make my life easier. Plus, it isn't just that they cover you up, they look great too (at least I think so).

Spread the word!

2 comments:

  1. I told mom about how you called me at midnight to tell me you were going to steal my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it... the blog, the dresses... everything!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...