Monday, September 30, 2013

September Homeschool

One of the really fun lesson we did was learning about the digestive system and this lesson was on the different vitamins our bodies need and they got a snack to go along with it. They LOVED it. Again, easy to please.

When I woke up on September 11 I realized I had not prepared a lesson for this special day. I decided we would take a field trip to 9/11 memorial at Tempe Beach Park.

Before we left William decided to make his own flag.

At this memorial they have a flag for every person who lost their life in the 9/11 attacks. It is quite a sight to see. It is very moving.
Someone that worked there gave the kids their own flags. 


Every flag had a card with a name and age on it. Some told a little about the persons life. Some had a teddy bear attached to the pole and that meant that it was a child. This really affected the kid. I think they read all of the ones with the Teddy Bears and they still talk about them. On the way home in the car I was able to talk to them about my feelings of 9/11, especially my feelings for those people on flight 93.

Another day the weather was so nice I let them take a break to play outside. 

I thought it would be hard to get them to come inside but it wasn't long before William and Gracie came in telling me Joseph peed on them. Then I saw Joseph standing there without his pants on and asked him why he did that and he said, "cause it's funny." When I tried not to laugh and tell him that it is not funny he said, "well, it is to me." So that day Joseph learned about where to and not to pee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...