Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas eve was a fun night. Gracie and Russ spent time last minute finishing a gift for William and I ran last minute to one last store to find some Christmas jammies for the kids (I had a hard time finding some I liked this year). Then we are tamales and taco soup, we talked about the true meaning if Christmas and sang some Christmas songs.



 They opened their jammies and all I wanted was one nice picture of them in them.
 The first one Russ got was the best, and I should have been happy with that one cause they became impossible to photograph.




Here is Gracie pretending to be the Grinch who stole Christmas 

 After we got them in bed my parents and Eric headed home and Connie stayed over. We finished wrapping presents and as we were doing that William came down the hall. All Christmas season I had wanted to tell him the truth about Santa and wished that I had never lied in the first place (I just don't like lying to my kids!). When he came out of his room that night I knew it was time to tell him and I am glad I did. one I told him and he understood he buried his head in my side and cried for a minute and then I asked him if he wanted to help me fill the stockings and he perked right up. The next morning he declared it the best Christmas ever so the news did not effect Christmas. In fact it made it better. I wish we had told Gracie then too because I think it being Christmas eve made it easier but I don't think I want to wait that long to tell her.


Just before heading off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...