Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January ramblings

Today was a hard day and I am not even sure why.I know it had something to do with the fact that I woke up at 8:00 and we leave the house to take William to school at 8:15 (8:19the very latest) to get him there on time and we did it. Yes me friends we got up, dressed, fed, lunch made and out the door in less than 20 minutes. I should get a medal. But, it also means that a lot of things went undone. Like scriptures and prayers didn't end up hapening until afternoon and I don't like that. It was a whirlwind kind of day and all I wanted to do from 12:00 on was lay down in bed with the covers over my head. 
But I didn't. I made dinner (a good one at that) and then went to lay in my bed while my children climbed on me and Russ folded laundry and then we all put it away. William sat down and read Joseph a book and it made me smile, but didn't lift the feeling like I thought it should have. That makes me think that it is pms that is the problem.

I won't know for sure for a week or so. According to my pms tracking app it should be right. The app says that I ovulate every three months. Which is also hard to track or at least it will take a long time to figure out if that is correct or if my body just decided to do it whenever it wants with no schedule at all.

I spent the rest of the evening at a relief society dinner and then came home and took a looooong bath and caught up on some blogs. That was nice. It turns out I don't read books anymore, just blogs.

So I believe I had a hard day because of the above reasons, but also because of the new year. I didn't set a bunch of resolutions, but just try to be better in every aspect of my life and I think I have been over thinking the past few weeks. I wish I could turn off my brain. I feel like I have been so busy, but I can't even remember what I have done in the past week. Hopefully I will wake up feeling refreshed and my head will be clearer.

6 comments:

  1. I made one resolution and so far have made no improvement - whoops.

    I overthink too. I realized today that sometimes that is why I crave just sitting and watching T.V. Because I don't overthink while watching mindless T.V.

    The problem is, once I'm done being lazy, then I overthink what I could have done better with that hour or two.

    I think I need that app :) I've never been regular so I never know if I can blame things on hormones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. I have days like that 8/7 days a week it seems. At least you made dinner?! At least your hot? At least your not pregnant? At least it's not menopause?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this, Debbie. I've been feeling this way for months now. I'm sure it's just the "new mom" thing, but I also figure those feelings just stick around forever once you're a mom. Christmas and now Gavin's birthday coming are not helping, either. Of course, I love Christmas and will love his birthday (although a big part of me hates to think of my baby turning 1!), it is also very stressful getting everything ready. I seriously believe my brain function has dropped at least 30% since he was born.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you feel bad, but glad to know I'm not alone... if you know what I mean? I am so looking forward to our girls weekend for this very reason!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually blame pms on days like this. Darn hormones. being a girl is complicated. Hope today is better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, Hope you're having better days. I was SO glad nobody had work or school today.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...