That is how I have been feeling lately...
whether I am ready or not he is coming. I am "due" one month from today. I have no idea when he will actually come, but I have decided I would rather be ready than not. It is nesting time I guess.
Do you like my vintage jacket? I am in love with it. I can't wait to see what it looks like without a balloon under my dress.
My midwife appointment is at our home today. I am making room on a shelf in my closet to have everything we will need for the birth. I have loved collecting and preparing things for the birth. It has really made me feel more in control and in charge, instead of packing a suitcase. Have I mentioned how much I love having a midwife? Cause I do. Have I mentioned how excited Russ and I are to have our baby to be born at home? Cause we are.
Remember the list I posted in my last post? Lets look at it again shall we?
(green means it's done, red means still need to do)
- we bought Russ a car to drive to and from work!
- Russ finished the trim in the kitchen!
- I decided to just repair rather than recover my Grandmas chair, then I bought another vintage rocking chair that I need to recover. Yikes!
- I hate the craft room, I don't even want to talk about it.
- I still have to make stuff and get ready for the vintage yard sale
- got cabinets up in the laundry room
- food storage will have to wait, we are not ready for that yet.
- the new bathtub has been ordered and will be installed in the next couple of weeks, hopefully before the baby comes.
- we painted the dresser (I need to post a picture cause it is cute), but not the toy fridge (but that doesn't really matter)
- Russ painted the master bedroom (I love it!) and it is halfway decorated. Russ installed a new ceiling fan last night and I slept much better than usual. He still needs to hang the curtain rod though.
- The porch swing is hung and we love it and I know we will be on it all the time as the weather cools down. I still want to make a cover and pillows for it.
- I am adding baby bedding to the list, but for a little bassinet in the corner of my room, nothing big.The biggest and most important things are done. I think there is so much power in writing stuff down. With all that has gotten done I just want to say how much I love thrift stores.
And lastly when this picture was taken my heart was happy because I was holding all three of my children close to me.
The other night I had to tell Russ that I really am happy, because by the time he gets home at night it is the worst part of the day for me. My whole body hurts, I am loosing patients with the children and myself for not getting everything done that I want to, and I just want to spend time with him. I feel bad that he always sees me at my worst. But yesterday we both got up really early together and got stuff done. We didn't make it again today, but I hope we can tomorrow, because it was awesome! Hopefully I will post some pictures soon of the projects we have been knocking off the list.