Monday, August 18, 2014

What a day

Today has been quite a day. I am sitting at Mcdonalds at 8:15 pm and wondering how I got here. Last night I got back from a moms retreat I organized up at the cabin. I will write about that when I am in a better mood. I came home feeling inspired and tired. I was planning to spend today getting our new homeschool schedule for the next little while ironed out and have our back to school dinner tonight. Well Russ hurt his back and it has been pretty debilitating. And Louise started burning up with fever last night. She was still hot in the morning. And even though I knew she was tired she would not stay asleep for a nap. So I took her swimming with the kids while Russ vacuumed the pool and before long she was too tired to do that. So I brought her in and she finally slept. Russ had to take off for a dr. Appointment to get a referral to take care of his varicose veins. I let the kids put on a movie and worked on homeschool stuff. When Russ got back I started dinner. Louise was tired and fussy and Russ was in too much pain to help. I tried to put her in the so I for a bath. She always loves that but she didn't like it tonight. Not one bit. So I took her out and for her dressed while dinner turned cold on the stove. I went back in and tasted it and realized and either the cream or broth I had used must have been bad. It tasted awful. So much for back to school dinner. I put Louise to bed and then took the other kids to get some dinner. They chose McDonald's so here I am. The good part of the day was that on the way I decided to stop by and try one of Jared Allen's eclairs he was sampling. That was delicious. And then I took some over to Tiffany Haynes for him and got to snuggle her week old Oscar. Oh my goodness was he sweet and cute and I LOVE BABIES. So now I am trying to decide if we should have a back to school lunch tomorrow (we are having a small memorial service at our home tomorrow night for Pam Branch) or if I should just put it off until next Monday and give myself time to get some more concrete plans without being rushed. That sounds nice, I may do that. That is the beauty of homeschool. I can do that. They can still do their school work but we won't officially start the new semester and school schedule until next week. Now I need to round up their kids and take them home and get into bed. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...