Friday, June 29, 2012

it resonates

I have so much to blog about. I have been slacking for sure for quite awhile and then on top of the everyday stuff I have been neglecting we went on a wonderfully awesome trip to Washington. While there I was talking with my sister in law, Kirsten about blogs we read and I told her I only read blogs that leave me thinking "amen" or "what they said is true and I need/want to do better about that". If I leave feeling "I wish" or wanting then I stop reading them, cause I don't need that in my life.
Well I just finished reading some posts from the lovely Megan and she wrote a post  about body image that left me saying, "AMEN!" especially this quote:

i realized that the desire to change my body was the least interesting thing about me.

(that desire is in fact the least interesting thing about every woman i know). 


Oh man that is so true. Whenever I start to talk (or even think for that matter) about the fact that I want to lose a little weight or how I don't like my nose there is something nagging inside me and I couldn't quite put my finger on it until I read that quote. It is not interesting. To anyone. Or rather it is the least interesting this about me. See when talk with others and get to know others, talking about their body interests me very little as it is something that (for the most part) we have no control over. I want to know about them. What they feel, like, and do.

I am going to try and be better to not think and talk about my body in a negative way cause I have much more interesting thing to be thinking and talking about.

3 comments:

  1. Love this! So very very true. I miss seeing you! We'll gave to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your nose. and bottom. i mean body. no, i meant bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post.....and I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...