Thursday, February 4, 2010

26

But who is counting? I am definitely not. I had to be reminded of my age this year...and last. Age really does not matter to me. at all.

Yes today is my birthday. I didn't really remember till William said this morning, "what day is...HEY it's your BIRTHDAY!" I am not really celebrating today. I am just trying to recover from yesterday. Gracie has been pretty sick. Below are some pictures from Tuesday. She was eating (which she does not do a ton of) and she would keep resting her face on her hand like her head was just to heavy to hold up. It was heartbreaking.

She always wants to be held and here she fell asleep on Grandma.

Well anyway, yesterday she still did not feel well and we had to spend quite a bit of time at the home we are purchasing. I also had to spend quite a bit of time on the phone setting all that up and then a lot of time afterwards thinking (stressing) about the different options I have. Today there will be more of that.

I am also not celebrating today because Russ will be gone all day at work. If Gracie starts feeling a little better (oh please, oh please) we will be going out to dinner and a movie tomorrow.

But the real reason I am not celebrating today is because I had a surprise party (it was a surprise to everyone) on Saturday. While I was throwing a baby shower Russ went and bought my birthday present, wrapped it, and then came and set it on the piano. I asked him if he was really going to make me wait and he said he wouldn't. Then Connie and Mimi went and got me a cake and Connie's present for me. I will post more about this evening when I have the pictures (hint, hint Mimi). Anyway Russ got me what I wanted and have wanted for a long time. A Canon Rebel camera. Yea! Now I can be a better mom-ographer. I am so happy about this!
My sister of course wrote a beautiful post for me. It made me cry, because I love her.
So today is probably not going to be the greatest day, but all in all this will be a most excellent birthday. Now excuse me, I am going to go hold my snugly child.

6 comments:

  1. I can totally tell that you got a new camera! The pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just want to hold and kiss Gracie, even though I got sick I would do it all again. She is totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. William's Favorite Aunt in TacoomaFebruary 4, 2010 at 12:11 PM

    Happy Birthday, Debbie! So glad to have you as a sister! Ted will be thrilled to know that you are a Canon girl! Love from all of us here and hoping poor Gracie feels much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Gracie!!! Give her lots of hugs and kisses from us.

    And when I was 26, 57 years ago, I also didn't care about age at all! :) Somehow when you still feel 26 (or 25, or maybe even 24) but you're actually 40 you start to care a little more. SIGH!!! Wow, what a selfish birthday comment this is! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAppy Birthday! You are going to have so much fun with your camera:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was your birthday. I did not know that! Happy Birthday to you! I hope that Gracie is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...