Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sweet thrift store shopping

Last Saturday I stopped by Goodwill on my way to my sisters (I was going to crash a writing group and I got very excited about their great writing project, but not enough to start one of my own:) Anyway, it was a good thing I decided to stop by because I found a couch I love. And if we actually get this house we are trying to buy we will need more than the one couch we have.


It met the requirements that I had:
gold-ish yellowish color
old
good condition
comfy
except I really wanted something tufted, but I never see those second hand so I gave up on that one.

And as I was walking through the store I spotted these

And these

and could not leave without them, Mimi calls them my Penelope shoes.
All in all it was a fabulous shopping day and the total price tag?
$25.00
I don't think I will be able to shop at a real store again.

6 comments:

  1. I just want to say...Debbie I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DID YOU BUY THE COUCH! I love the shoes, they couldn't shout Debbie Christenson any louder. I love the couch, it's so you.. I hope you bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodwill is the new D.I.!! I can't wait to see that couch in your new house, I would have bought it in an instant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie there are VERY few times in my life where i feel real jealousy. I am like Edward i guess. But everytime i do i feel like i need to tell the people i am jealous of, like it makes it less of a sin or something. but i could not be more jealous of your penelope shoes. and maybe i secretly wished they would hurt your feet so i could buy them from you. i am horrible! i am so sorry! forgive me! i am so happy you found them, really, i am. you deserve them and more! :) and i love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that couch is BEAUTIFUL! and the shoes......stinkin' cute! and all 3 for $25? AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers! Way to go, Debbie! You are both the craftiest and the thriftiest!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...