Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Exhausted

That's what we are around here, exhausted. The last few weeks have been kinda crazy and I am sure a lot of people are wondering what is going on. Right now me and the kids are sick. The kids have pink eye and I have a sore throat. So we are at home laying around watching movies and I am looking at a lot of pictures online trying to find ideas on how to decorate my house. Or my would be house. We never got the paperwork back to sign on the counteroffer on that house we wanted but that turned out good because it gave us more time to think and even though the house was perfect for us, the neighborhood was not. It is in a less nice area and we want to stay there for a long time so we decided it was not for us. On Saturday we saw some houses and one of them we really like. It is in a subdivision (which I don't like) but it is a corner lot so the yard is huge (I do like) and there is no HOA (also like). The area and location is great and is just a few miles from Russ' work. It is about 1,000 sq. feet smaller than the last one, but I have always said I did not want a big house because it would take all my time to clean it and when you have more space you tend to collect more junk. We are going to try and put an offer in on it today and probably won't hear back for awhile, So I will let you know when I know.
Here is Gracie on one of the exhausting days we had when she didn't get a nap. I walked in the living room and found Gracie like this.And Russ can't pass up an opportunity to hold one of his children while they are sleeping. Precious.
Russ has also had a lot on his mind beside buying a house. He started his job and it was very stressful for him and one week into it (and after the craziest day ever, which I will have to post about later) got a call from the office he always wanted a job at, but they didn't have room for another therapist. Well, they called to tell him that the therapist there decided to move out of state and they offered him a job. Now this seems like a no brainer since it is his dream job, but he felt extremely guilty quiting the job he had only worked at for a week. They had been really good to him and he didn't want to leave them high and dry, but in the end it came down to this: this is Russ' career and he has to do what feels best for him. So he put in his notice and in October will start his job and Moore Physical Therapy and we are very excited about that. I would also like to say that Russ was so stressed about making this decision that he nearly forgot our anniversary.

2 comments:

  1. I want to cry for Russ. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for him. Some days being a grown up is just plain hard. We love and miss you guys. Hope you all get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that would have been so hard!!!! And that would have been a valid reason for forgetting your anniversary, unlike mine... (shhh, has now forgotten our's TWICE in six years!) :D

    But I am so happy for you guys that you are able to place yourselves where you want to be... Heavenly Father knows what's best and He will always open doors if you Believe in Him! :D Good luck with the house!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...