Friday, May 30, 2008

Dear William

Dear William,

Here you are three years old and counting. You are growing so much all the time and so is your hair! I don't know when we will cut it. Both your dad and I love seeing those deep red curls. I have trimmed up the back once but you don't want us to cut it and we just don't want to either.

You are still the most athletic kid I have ever seen. You can do everything you try. Right now the fun thing is baseball and you do better if we pitch it to you rather than hitting it off the tee. We would love yo get you in gymnastics because you and jumping and swinging all over the place.One thing about your growing up that seems to go backwards is eating. You seem to get messier as you get older. You have always been able to eat very well with utensils from a very young age and I never used to have to wipe your mouth but now everything you take a bite of ends up on your face. You also have become a lot pickier about what you eat. You have learned the good ole' phrase, "I don't like it." You used to eat everything.It used to be that you would never fall asleep unless put in your bed at a correct bed/nap time. The only other exception is in the car. But recently we have witnessed you falling asleep all on your own. This means that you are really tired. And after having you sleep in our room when Gracie wasn't sleeping so good I realized that you grind your teeth like crazy in your sleep. I seriously thought that you were chewing hard candy in the middle of the night. I really need to get you to a dentist and see what to do about that.And even though there are many times when I am driven crazy by your whining, yelling, and disobedience, there are many moments when you are very very sweet. This picture is one of these moments. You were at Grandma and Grandpa C's and you picked up a baby doll in a blanket, sat with it in the rocking chair and sang it a song that you made up on your own. The song (your father and I believe) came from the song that we call your special song - I Will by the Beatles. The lyrics went something like this: How I know I love you - How I know this song - How I love the prophet. You add other things now and then, but this seems to be the core of the song. You even sang it during primary while I was teaching you and all the other children another song. There are also a few movies that you watch that involve apples and when you watch them you ask for an apple. These movies include: Enchanted, Sleeping Beauty, Nephi and the Brass Plates, and Pete's Dragon. You are also getting really good at playing computer games. You rarely need help and are very good about figuring things out on your own.You call Dad "Russ" almost exclusively and will call him dad if reminded. I discovered the reason for this, it is because he doesn't answer you when you call him dad and still doesn't always when you call him Russ. You are just more likely to get a response when you call him Russ. You have found a way to make him laugh and that is by sticking your little hands in his pockets when he isn't expecting it and taking his phone or keys. He calls you his little pick pocket and it drives him crazy.
You are so smart and fun to be around. You have become very friendly and are always saying hi to strangers and asking them their names. You used to talk to people as they walked past you in the store, but they never really responded so now you just talk to the clerks. I hear you when you walk outside our apartment say to anyone who will listen, "hi I'm WeeYum". You love to sing and I tear up almost every time I hear you do it. One of my favorite things that you do is sometimes you wake up in the morning and them come climb in bed with me. I will scratch your back or play with your hair (at your request) and sometimes you fall back asleep and we sleep a little while longer. I like this so very much.

You love to laugh and make others laugh...

And you love your sister and are very good to her. You call her a "good gul-er" (thats a hard word for many kids to say).
I couldn't ask for better. I love you so much.

Mom

1 comment:

  1. This right here is classic. I love that william has to resort to calling Russ by his first name and even then doesn't get a response. I laughed hard and maybe I teared up a bit also. Good stuff keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...