Saturday, December 8, 2007

Who knew...

...I would be so sad.



Gracie decided that she is done nursing (Yes, this post is about nursing so if you don't want to hear about it STOP READING NOW). Now it would not have surprised me if she stopped during the move when I would give her bottles every now and then and I was really stressed. The I left her for a day and a half when I went to the concert. If she decided to stop nursing then I would have been bummed, but not surprised. After all that we got home and I worked really hard at getting my milk back up and no bottles and we succeeded. For two or three days there were no bottles! I was so proud. Then out of nowhere for no reason I can find (except maybe a masive growth spurt) I was not produsing enough milk for her so I would have to give her formula and all of a sudden she would not nurse. A I mean that, I would try every position for a long time but she would not even try. She would just scream when I would try. So she had bottles all day long. On Thursday night I realized that it was over, that she was done breastfeeding. I cried. I couldn't believe that after all the problem I had nursing I would be so sad to see it go, but I was. That night I was able to get her to nurse, proabably because she was too tired to notice. Last night I wanted her to nurse so bad and I got her up before I went to be and she nursed! She nursed all night long. Well, not all night long, just for every feeding. I am hoping that I will at least be able to keep the night feedings.

4 comments:

  1. okay so it's good to see whats going on in your life. When am I going to see you again. I got to see all about your brothers wedding - they look cute together! It sounds like the move went good. We had our ward christmas party and we sooo missed you guys! I have the cutest christmas idea remember to ask me about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand, I cried and cried when I dried up with Reven. You would think it wouldn't be that big of deal but it's such a bonding experience with them. I am very sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Debbie! How are you? Your kids are so cute. It's good to see you are doing so well. Remember when we all were obsessed with Grease?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...