Friday, November 21, 2014

A day for Meghan & Jon

On Saturday November 8th Russ' oldest niece was sealed to her love Jon in the Gilbert temple. There were so many things going on that day; the wedding, a baby shower for a dear friend, Conner and Anna's baptism, and then the reception that night. Sounds like a stressful day but it was such a beautiful day. 
Connie came over in the morning to watch the kids while we went to the sealing, then she took them to Conner and Anna's baptism. When we got to the temple we went into the waiting room to see most if Russ' siblings and parents. Kirsten was able to fly in the night before and Mac and Erik drove down in a whirlwind trip. I am so glad they did, it was wonderful seeing them even if it was for a short time and we really missed everyone else who couldn't make it. As we walked from the waiting room into the sealing and I holding Russ hand, I became overwhelmed to tears. Being in that special place with so many I love for such a special occasion, there aren't words to describe what I felt. The closest I can find is light, very bright light. The sealer was awesome and taught many wonderful things. 
Trying to get a good picture with brothers around is hard to do. 
After they came out and we took some pictures I hurried over to the baby shower. Babies, like weddings, are such happy occasions. The shower was lovely and getting to visit with some many good friends was great. 
Then I hurried back to make it only a little bit late to the luncheon. We had some good food and hearing the family members say some sweet things about Jon and Meghan was so nice. 
Then we went over to mom and dads to visit with Erik and Mac before the reception. And tge reception was so lovely. They did it at the Webster Farm and I am so glad they did! It was gorgeous! Yummy treats, Italian sodas, and dancing. All favorite things of mine. 




Lou was getting really tired so Russ rocked her to sleep while I danced. What a man. 
My kids probably ate 8 cotton candies each. 








It was just a really, really good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...