Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Idaho 2013

Once Russ' conference was done and we heard Kent give his farewell talk we headed up to Idaho to spend some time with my Aunt and Uncle and their family. We left Joe's bag in Utah so he got to borrow some clothes that Aunt Earlene keeps on hand and he loved these Buzz Jammies. He called them his "fancies".
This what I woke up to inside.
He looks pretty comfortable.
The view when I came outside
and the view when I looked down - William and Gracie were eating breakfast on the swing with Simon (my cousin Sara's son).
Saying good morning to Honeybun

And checking out Uncle Roger's beehives. We get all our honey from him and I love it.
Russ went out later with uncle Roger all dressed up to see the bee's.

I went out to get a picture and got stung on the forehead. 

I ended up taking Benadryl because I started having a hard time breathing and feeling kinda weird. After that I felt fine but my eyelid did swell up.  It was kind of funny. 
Cousin face painting
I had such a good time visiting with my cousins, watching and getting to know their children, and watching my kids play with their kids. I was able to talk a lot with my cousin Sara who has been such an inspiration to me as a homeschooling mom. I really love her blog so much.While I was there visiting with my cousins and laughing at all the face swaps we did on our phones I couldn't help but feel blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. Next year we want to go back when Uncle Roger extracts the honey from his bee's. I really hope we can make it happen.
Russ' face swap with Simon. Seriously entertainment for hours. I laughed so hard at some of the pictures that it hurt.

Russ' pictures while looking at the bees.

Joseph and uncle Roger relaxing. I wish I had a picture of him on the mower with him.


This is a picture Russ took while we were outside talking about our own mini farm we would like to have someday. We decided the bees must like my hair product because that is where they go.


This is the last picture I took before we hopped in the car. Gracie on the swing with her second cousin Emily. We were going to drive to Utah and stay in Orem for the night then travel the rest of the way the next day but Russ decided he wasn't tired so with the help of caffeine he drove all.night.long. It was crazy but I think he enjoyed it for some reason. It was a lovely trip and I can't wait to go back again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...