Wednesday, May 2, 2012

dress it up

I wear cardigans a lot and I like them to say in place, but they don't. I saw a friend once wearing a cardigan with two adorable pins on either side connected by a chain and thought it was so cute (and useful) and it wasn't long before I was thinking "I could make those". You may have noticed me wearing them in my pictures at Florence and the Machine. Well in case you are interested I am going to show you how I did it and it was surprisingly easy. 
I went to the thrift store and got all these earrings. This isn't even collecting over time they were all there at the same time and there were more I wanted too, but I told myself to calm down.
The I grabbed some (cheap) chain that I think I got at walmart forever ago. I am sure most craft stores would have it. Then I cut two lengths: one 5 inches and one 6 inches.

Then slide the chains of the ear ring post then put the post through your sweater (or whatever it is you want to pin it to) and then put the back on. The backs that are pictured seemed to hold the best. I thought the post would poke and bother me, but it didn't and I had not problems with it all night, and my sweater stayed in place!

Then I had to take a picture to see which one I liked best. I went with the green, but can't wait to wear all of them. 
So there you go. I hope this helps someone out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...